Friday, June 18, 2010

Long anticipated update

If there is one thing I learned from living out in Vegas, it is this; This is the greatest city ever built. I have been living the dream day in and out from playing golf, eating luxurious meals, hitting the hottest night clubs, spending a shit ton of money, and gambling my life away. That being said, it can also be a double edged sword. I do not have any motivation to play poker anymore. Not only that but I also have not been taking care of my body. Endless champagne and liquor binging, eating very delicious but unhealthy meals, and not going to bed until sunrise etc. It is starting to take a toll on me, and although I already knew that it was I chose to ignore it for too long. Last night I lost the most money gambling that I have ever lost since I was 19. It's ok now because I never bet more than I could afford to lose and I am ok with it. Back when I was 19 I lost half of everything I had. It made me finally realize though that I need to get my life back into check and start being responsible again. It's the best feeling in the world to be able to do whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want for months on end. I have played poker 1-2days a week max for the last 3 months. Nobody I know can take that much time off of work. It's truly a dream situation, but it also makes it that much easier to get sidetracked and fall off course.

WSOP : I have bricked everything so far. Monday was the 2500$ six max and I played very well throughout the whole start. Doubled early and got to sit with the prince of poker himself. I ran up a 90k stack (started with 7k) very early and was one of the chip leaders for awhile. Then coming back from the last break I made the biggest error of my career. A loose opener raised from the cutoff, and I for some reason thought I was in the big blind. I shipped in 20bb as a resteal with 22. All of a sudden I hear, "please have aces one time" from what was the real big blind. I was actually in the small blind! That is a very awkward raise size and he realized that I had made a huge misclick. It was very very unfortunate for him to go all in for 40bb total with 88. Shitty fucking luck imo. I had to call off the rest and lose half my stack that hand. I was tilted as fuck. I made a horrible river call basically out of spite after that and then triple barreled my way out of the tournament with 9T on qj74A. I am 95% sure if the river didnt come an A, I would have won the pot but I felt he would fold often enough. He didn't fold the J and I threw away 50bb with 30 away from the money and 1/2hr left in the day. So demoralizing.

Anyway I will be playing this sunday online and some events next week. I cant remember off the top of my head what they are but ill be sure to update when I make the final table!

No comments:

Post a Comment