Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Leaving for Vegas and FTOPS recap

Hey guys, just wanted to do a quick followup of my ftops series as I won't be able to play anymore of the events due to the NAPT. I cashed in quite a few of the ones that I ended up playing. The 200cube I ended up taking 22nd in, Ftops #8, (sunday brawl) I finished 92nd and mondays 1k I took 63rd. Monday I also took 2nd in the turbo hundo for 5k. (2nd time getting 2nd booo). Overall I think I played pretty well, except for deep in the 1k. I always end up out thinking myself in crucial spots that usually cost me a lot of chips. I have been doing better with this lately by simply just not giving anyone credit for anything, ever. It has been working out but sometimes I get the better of myself by thinking that this player knows this and that, when in fact they don't know shit. Very few people think about the game on the level I do, and I think that it ends up hurting me sometimes. Not to say that all this thinking is unnecessary, it's just not applicable against 99% people I play against. So when in doubt, follow the golden rule - nobody has shit and nobody knows shit about poker.

Leaving in about 6hours for my flight to Vegas. I finally got smart and signed up for frequent flyer miles so that I can get a free flight with all the traveling I will be doing. I have always used priceline to book my trips but I found a first class seat on continentals website that was not even listed on priceline for only 40$ more, so I took that. The only first class seats available on priceline where not nonstop (which is what I have) and where at a minimum 600$ more than what I paid. Needless to say I probably won't be using that site anymore.

The tournament doesn't actually start until saturday at noon, but I wanted to get there a few days early and practice some of my live play and reads. Playing live is so much different and this is going to be my first very good deep structure tournament. I hope I don't get too bored waiting for hands at the table because I'll have plenty of time to mix it up with the donks. I am meeting up with my buddy Jason who is a live cash grinder and we are staying at Aria for the first two nights. Friday night pokerstars is throwing a vip party at Tao nightclub with free food and drinks, and a live performance by T-Pain! I will try to do a nightly recap each day I'm out there so check back soon for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment